Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Sharing--Yet One More Place to Do a Search

Google, as we all know, is usually the first search engine we go to in researching a topic. For many people, it's the only search engine they use.

How about trying a different search engine for a change? One I came across is called JURN. JURN is
A curated academic search-engine,indexing 3,163 free ejournals in the arts & humanities.
You can search it the same way you search Google using some of the hints mentioned in the past two "Sunday Sharing" posts.

Try JURN with a topic you've searched using Google and see if you don't find a whole other avenue of research to explore!

--Diane

4 comments:

Sally said...

Diane, you are an absolute font of useful information!! (Who needs research, just ask Diane?) Oh, did I actually say that?

Diane Mayr said...

Actually, it's a result of work avoidance. How can you justify not working? By finding new ways to help you work!

For another look at work avoidance, check out
Avoidance

I'm Jet . . . said...

Wow, D!!!!! I love jacksonpollock.org


Jet

Andrea Murphy said...

JURN is terrific, as is JacksonPollock.org. I bookmarked it for my nephews. (Acutally it's for me, but I feel better saying it's for a 4 and 5-year old.)

Thanks, Diane.