Friday, March 25, 2011

Poetry Friday--At Long Last, Spring!


Finally, what everyone in New England has been not-so-patiently waiting for--Spring! She arrived on Sunday evening, the little imp, not being able to wait until the next day.

Let's celebrate with one of New England's own, Emily Dickinson:

It's all I have to bring today--
This, and my heart beside--
This, and my heart, and all the fields--
And all the meadows wide--
Be sure you count--should I forget
Some one the sum could tell--
This, and my heart, and all the Bees
Which in the Clover dwell.

Stop by A Year of Reading where you'll find this week's Poetry Friday Round-Up.

--Diane

4 comments:

Mary Lee said...

The calendar says spring, even if the thermometer does not!

I'm Jet . . . said...

I really love this poem, Diane. I think this is one I missed in my readings of Dickinson.

Jet

Sally said...

I was thinking that, too, Janet. Actually quite cheerful!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I love this sweet little poem too. She's got the best!